Frisco DWI Lawyer
Frisco police officers arrest about 300 drivers for DWI offenses each year. Motorists may be intoxicated by alcohol, prescription drugs, or a cocktail of the two. Here in Frisco, TX, drivers under the influence cause roughly 28% of the fatalities in motor vehicle crashes – some 1,024 people, annually.
Frisco police have pledged to crack down on DWIs with task force activities. The penalties for DWI in Northern Texas are already quite severe. A first DWI offense carries a fine up to $2,000, up to 180 days in jail, and the loss of driving privileges for 180 days. Drivers must also pay annual surcharges of $1,000 to $2,000 for three years to retain their driver’s licenses. If you’ve been pulled over, don’t hesitate to call Peveto Law to start working on your defense.
Do You Need A Frisco DWI Lawyer?
While it is possible to represent yourself in such matters, it is not recommended. Working with an experienced Frisco DWI lawyer can help reduce the severity of the consequences or get your case thrown out altogether.
A defense attorney will:
- Remind you of your “right to remain silent” to avoid grilling and badgering from prosecutors.
- Provide insider expertise of local judges, juries, and rules of the court that could benefit you.
- Keep track of court paperwork and key deadlines to secure crucial evidence and move the case along.
- Negotiate with tough, local prosecutors to hammer out plea bargains and alternatives to jail time.
- Help expunge your conviction, so it will not affect your access to credit or future employment.
Keep in mind, Peveto Law offers free consultations with an experienced Frisco DWI attorney, so it costs you nothing to get a professional opinion on your situation or explore your legal rights and options.
With A DWI Lawyer, Frisco, TX Drivers Stand A Chance At Reducing Their Penalties
The fact is: most prosecutors don’t bother negotiating with individuals accused of driving while intoxicated. Plead as you like, but it’s more likely you’ll end up saying something to further incriminate yourself. Bringing one of the best DWI lawyers Frisco, TX has to offer to court is one way to command the respect you deserve and negotiate a lesser sentence.
As it stands, those accused of a Frisco DWI could face:
- Up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine for a lesser first offense.
- Up to 1 year in jail and a $4,000 fine for an “aggravated DWI” (over 0.15 BAC) or a second offense.
- Up to 10 years in jail and $10,000 in fines for a third offense.
- Up to 20 years in jail and $10,000 in fines for intoxication manslaughter.
Additional penalties include:
- Driver’s license suspension ranging from 90 days to two years.
- Loss of the right to drive if you’re a minor or multiple offender.
- A criminal conviction on your permanent record, visible to all future employers, creditors, and landlords.
- Forced installation of interlock ignition device on your vehicle.
- Mandator community service, driver education, or probation.
- The inability to possess a firearm if you have a felony offense.
- Annual surcharges to retain your driver’s license.
- Significant increases in the cost of driver’s insurance.
- The inability to travel to countries like Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, and Australia.
Call Peveto Law For The Best DWI Lawyer Frisco, Texas Has To Offer
If you’re looking for the best DWI lawyer in Frisco, Texas, look no further than Peveto Law.
Consider these results:
- Class B Misdemeanor DWI – outright dismissed (insufficient evidence).
- Misdemeanor DWI – re-filed as a lesser “obstruction of a roadway” charge.
- Felony DWI – not indicted by grand jury.
- Felony DWI – case dismissed.
- Class B Misdemeanor, 1st Offense – 9 months probation, 24 hours community service, $250 fine.
- Class B Misdemeanor DWI – outright dismissed (no probable cause).
- Class B Misdemeanor DWI – 9 months’ probation, 24 hours community service, $300 fine, driver class.
- Class B Misdemeanor – found “not guilty” at trial.
The Three Best Rated® organization named Andrew Peveto one of three “best criminal defense lawyers” for the Frisco area for two consecutive years, based on his achievements, client ratings, reputation, history, satisfaction, trust, and cost. He is also ranked among America’s Top 100 Attorneys. Our firm has earned accolades from the National Trial Lawyers, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the American Association of Justice. Contact us for your free case review.