Every holiday weekend there is a larger than normal police effort to arrest suspected drunk drivers. Law enforcement can possibly harass you even if you’ve only had 1 adult beverage. Instead of becoming a one of the suspects, take a few steps to avoid becoming a DUI statistics.
1. Obey all traffic laws - they wont pull you over if you don’t give them a reason (Stop behind the white lines at intersections and stop signs – Signal turns and lane changes in advance).
2. You only had one drink! – Trust me.
3. Practice Cooperative Non-cooperation.
- As in, “I would be happy to take a roadside test officer, but only if my attorney is present.
- I will be happy to take a breathalyzer officer, but only if my attorney is present.
Item 3 will get you arrested – but your DWI attorney will have a better chance of beating the charge in court.
**And of course, the best way to avoid a DUI during the holiday weekend is not to drink & drive!
If you were arrested for a DUI in Collin County, you should become aware of your chances of beating the case – and the damage a conviction can do to your criminal record. Contact Collin County DUI attorney Andrew Peveto today for a free consultation at (972) 339-8033.